What personal information do we collect from people who visit our blog, website or app?
When registering or making a payment on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a donation, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic e-mails regarding your transactions.
- To follow up with you after correspondence.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you make a donation, enter, submit, or access your information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- To remember and process your donations.
- To understand and save user preferences for future visits. This enables us to provide you with improved services.
- To compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Turning off cookies:
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is somewhat different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to identify the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to process a credit card transaction.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Can users visit our site anonymously?
How to change your personal information:
You can review and request changes to your personal information in any of the following ways:
- By e-mailing us at email@example.com;
- By calling us at (775) 326-9433;
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
What responsive action will we take should a data breach occur?
- We will notify donors via e-mail within 7 business days; and
- We will notify donors via in-site notification within 7 business days.
How do we use e-mail addresses?
We collect your e-mail address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders or donations and to send information and updates pertaining to such transactions.
- Send you additional information related to the service provided to you.
The federal CAN-SPAM Act regulates commercial e-mail, establishes requirements for commercial messages and gives recipients the right to have e-mails stopped from being sent to them.
In accordance with federal CAN-SPAM Act:
- We do not use false or misleading subjects, header information or e-mail addresses.
- If the message is an advertisement, we will identify it as such in some reasonable way.
- We include our business location (physical address or post office box).
- Users may unsubscribe at any time by e-mailing us at the address indicated below.
- We will honor all opt-out/unsubscribe requests promptly.
- We will monitor third-party e-mail marketing services for compliance, if such service is used.
How do I unsubscribe from future e-mails?
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, you can e-mail us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
290 South Arlington Ave.
Reno, Nevada 89501
Last Edited on 2017-07-11